VIDEO: Could Ancestor Deficit Disorder Be The Cause of First World Problems?
Symptoms of Ancestor Deficit Disorder
How to Reconnect
Here are some ideas on how to reconnect and restore the ancestral connection.
- Go to a moon circle. Use this to get in touch with your inner self through your relationship with the Moon.
- Observe the solar holy days. This can help you to tune in to the wheel of the year. “As within, so without.”
- Create an ancestor altar. Honor your people every day. Get to know their names and stories. Share them. Know that their strengths reside in you.
- Forgive. Anger, resentment, and any type of withholding of love harms you. Be the change that you want to see in the world. This doesn’t mean “be the doormat.” Remember to practice healthy boundaries too.
- Get out in Nature. Walk. Breathe. Observe. Be present until you see no detachment from it.
- Change your language. Our words reflect our inner world. Watch for words and phrases that divide or curse. Remove them from your thoughts.
- Plant and nurture plantlife. Watch it grow. Talk to it. See how it responds.
- Consciously nurture an animal or person. Release any expectation of what you will get in return. Make it an act of love.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Let us know your ideas and what you see changing. Together we can make this a healthier more connected world and heal ancestor deficit disorder.